Sorry, nothing in cart.
Loette – 100 ug + 20 ug use
$57.60 – $240.00
About the drug:
Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol is a combination of the female hormones that helps in preventing ovulation (release of egg from the female ovary). Levonorgestrel is a progesterone hormone while Ethinyl estradiol is an estrogen. The combination of this hormone is available in an easy to administrate dosage form-tablet. This drug combination could also be used for other purposes like making the irregular period regular, decreasing blood loss and painful periods etc. however this medicine does not protect you or your partner against sexually transmitted diseases.
Uses of the drug:
This medicine is used by the doctor for the prevention of the ovulation. Hence it acts as a method of contraception.
Working of the drug:
This drug helps to prevent the follicular maturation and ovulation during you menstrual cycle. It also thickens the vaginal fluid and makes it difficult for the sperm to travel through the thick fluid and reach the egg.
Who is the manufacturer?
Loette is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Wyeth Pharma. It isavailable on our websites and you can buy Loette online on 24x7pharma.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets in following strength depending upon the active ingredient Ethinyl-Estradiol and levonorgestrel:
- Loette 100 µg + 20 µg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Are breastfeeding
- Have blood clots
- Have uncontrolled BP
- Have had a case of jaundice while previous use of contraceptives
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have chest pain called angina
- Have suspected breast cancer
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Have asthma, migraine or any heart disease
- Have gall bladder functions
- Have liver impairment problems
- Have womb problems or certain blood disorders
How much to use?
Read the leaflet provided with the drug or consult the doctor for the correct dosing information. The general recommendation is to take one pill once in a day.
How to take?
Take this medicine by mouth once in a day. The tablet can be taken with or without food. Use the medicine about the same time each day. It does not matter that whether you take it with the food or without food. Taking the medicine in the evening or night will help you relieve the stomach upset or nausea if you suffer from the same.
For how long to take it?
Use it as long as prescribed by the doctor or as long as you require
Too much of any drug may cause severe problems or poisoning. In case of overdose immediately call the doctor and take you tablets with you to the doctor. Do this even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour the skipped schedule then go and take it. For Example
- If you miss 1″active” pill, take two pills on the day that you remember
- If you miss 2″active” pills, take two pills per day for two days in a row
- If you miss 3″active” pills in this case throw the pack and start the new one on the same day that you remember
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor immediately if you feel any discomfort or if you do not feel bad after taking the drug. You may feel any of the following however the side effects may vary in different people.
- Breast pain
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal discomfort
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Sad mood (persistent)
- Unusual or unexpected vaginal bleeding
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Fainting and speech disturbances
- Serious allergic reactions
- Breast lump
- Nausea and abdominal pain
- Chest pain or chest heaviness
- Disturbance in speech or vision
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking this drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects. Tell your doctor about the medicines you might be taking:
- All prescription medicines
- All vitamins or herbal medicine you might be taking
- All antibiotics and specially clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol)
- Phenobarbital (luminal, Solfoton)
- St. John’s Wort
- Warfarin etc.
Always seek adequate medical advice on the drugs you should avoid while taking this medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not give this medicine to anyone without prescription
- Tell all the doctor or pharmacists who are treating you that you are taking this drug
- Do not take alcohol or smoke during this time period
- This drug does not protect you against any kind of STDs, hence try to adopt other protective methods such as condoms to be safe from these problems
100 Tablet, 200 Tablet, 300 Tablet, 60 Tablet